WECS Designed Super Piston
ENGINEERED FOR GE TURBINES
GE wind energy Yaw super piston
Self-lubricating composite material manufactured with polyester and PTFE combined textile and polyester resin with the solid lubricants PTFE and molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) evenly dispersed throughout the resin system.
WECS is now selling a composite yaw super piston that offers vibration dampening, smooth, quiet operation for longer service life over bronze.
- Self-lubricating (no grease required*)
- Weight reduction (1/6th the weight of bronze)
- Low wear rate
- Long service life
- Smooth, quiet operation (no fog horning)
- High load capacity
- Ultimate compressive strength up to 50,000 psi
- High shock load capabilities
- Low coefficient of friction
- *No grease is required, but using existing greasing systems will not harm the material
WECS offers low maintenance & cost-effective solution for eliminating external lubrication while improving performance